The Debutante Club of Greensboro presented 15 women at its 64th annual Debutante Ball on Saturday, Nov. 30, at the Greensboro Country Club. The master of ceremonies was Michael Cardone.
The 2019 debutantes are:
- Mary Katharine Barker, Wake Forest University, daughter of Knox and Dan Taylor Barker Jr. of Greensboro
- Mary Grace Beard, UNC-Chapel Hill, daughter of Susan and Thomas Richard Beard Jr. of Greensboro
- Elizabeth Sheridan Bobbitt, Appalachian State University, daughter of Lisa and Joshua Branch Bobbitt III of Greensboro
- Mary McAfee Cowan, Sewanee: The University of the South, daughter of Carrie and the Rev. Daniel Newton Farnell Cowan of Greensboro
- Sally Elizabeth Hayes, Wake Forest University, daughter of Kim and William Bradley Hayes of Greensboro
- Hannah Howerton Houser, UNCG, daughter of Helen and Earl Edward Houser III of Greensboro
- Olivia Reid Johnson, University of Virginia, daughter of Lisa and Wallace Rogers Johnson III of Greensboro
- Rebecca Morrell Magod, High Point University, daughter of Kristen and Dr. Marc Emanuel Magod of Greensboro
- Josephine Allen Myers, Appalachian State University, daughter of Denise and James Michael Cowhig of Greensboro
- Sloan McGuinness Robinson, East Carolina University, daughter of Julia and James Young Robinson III of Greensboro
- Ann Bruce Sherrill, Sewanee: The University of the South, daughter of Meredith and Robert Bruce Sherrill of Charlotte
- Emma Grace Sherrill, Dartmouth College, daughter of Angela and Dr. Gary Bradley Sherrill of Greensboro
- Chandler Elizabeth Smith, University of Virginia, daughter of Carol and George Gregory Smith of Greensboro
- Gracyn McCauley Smith, Vanderbilt University, daughter of Carol and George Gregory Smith of Greensboro
- Susannah Wyatt Townes, University of Virginia, daughter of Cynthia and Thomas Wyatt Townes of Greensboro
A father-daughter luncheon was held Friday, Nov. 29, at the Greensboro Country Club, 410 Sunset Drive. A mother-daughter luncheon was held May 18 at the home of Martha Anne DuBose.
Club officers are: President, Laura Gasiorek; president-elect, Deane Holt; secretary, Carrie Cowan; assistant secretary, Jeanne Twilley; treasurer, Ashley Simpson; adviser, Kee Davis.
The club honors its debutantes by making a donation to a charity chosen by them. A donation was made to My Sister Susan’s House, a youth-focused program supported by The United Way.