Have you noticed that:
- The people against raising the minimum wage are not the ones working and trying to make a living for that level of pay.
- People against universal health coverage either have no current health problems or have insurance.
- People who are for additional restrictions on SNAP aren’t the same people using them to feed their families.
- People who complain about the great number of “welfare cheats” cannot name a single person who fits that category.
- Some Christians forget that the Golden Rule applies to everyone who is less fortunate than themselves, including immigrants.
- Fiscally responsible Republicans added $1 trillion to our national debt.
People use the excuse of “it’s the law” as a reason to justify discrimination, inhumanity and cruelty.
- Some people think that to protect our nation’s values, they must restrict the rights of others.
- People who are in favor of abortion restrictions are also the same people who are against expanding welfare and school programs for children.
- “Good people” believe that Donald Trump will tell the truth.
- Tax policy is benefiting the rich at the expense of the poor.