Local gardeners with an abundance of produce are encouraged to participate in Share the Harvest, a program that distributes food to local service organizations working to help families overcome food insecurity.
Gardeners may drop off their extra food June 3-Sept. 30 at the following locations:
- 9 a.m.-noon Sundays and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesdays, First Lutheran Church, 3600 W. Friendly Ave., Greensboro
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sundays, Oak Ridge Presbyterian Church, 2614 Oak Ridge Road, Oak Ridge
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, N.C. Cooperative Extension, 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Triad Food Pantry, High Point
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, Greensboro Children’s Museum, 220 N. Church St.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Smith Senior Center, 2401 Fairview St., Greensboro
- 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Interactive Resource Center, 407 E. Washington St., Greensboro
For information or to volunteer, visit http://sharetheharvestguilfordcounty.org.