The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Beta Iota Omega Chapter will host its 55th Spring Cotillion at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 14, at the Sheraton Greensboro Hotel at Four Seasons.
The chapter will present 22 young ladies, billed as, “Eminent Reflections of Perfectly Polished Pearls.” The cotillionettes have participated in various activities, workshops and service projects that were themed similar to television shows and networks. The activities theme this year was “My Life is a TV Show.”
The cotillionettes attended a “Say Yes to the Dress” workshop at Patina Prom and Bridal wherein participants perused dresses and were educated about appropriate attire and etiquette for a cotillion. Cotillionettes also participated in a CNN Special: “An Afternoon in England” Mother/Daughter Tea at the Khalif Event Center; a “Bed and Boujee” sleepover to get acquainted with one another; an etiquette workshop, “The Princess Diaries” and a MTV Awards Program Planning workshop.
Chairwomen are Kendra Bledsoe and Ivie Smith-Moore. The cotillion is choreographed by Jeanna Hawkins and Kristina Rogers, and the music is directed by Pamela Stewart.
The following young women will be presented at this year’s cotillion:
- Mikiah Taylor Aiken, daughter of Lawrence J. Watson and Tameika M. Aiken, attends Dudley High School.
- Taylor Christine Anderson, daughter of Geoffrey Taylor Anderson and Tara Johnson Anderson, attends The Middle College at UNC-Greensboro.
- Ke’Avia La’Chelle Artis, daughter of Avery and Shanna Frazier Artis and Karol Powell, attends The Academy at Smith.
- Charlee Styles Baltimore, daughter of Kevin Baltimore and Gail Y. Baltimore, attends Mallard Creek High School.
- DeMaris Rachelle Banister, daughter of Reverend Thomas A. Banister III and Tarsha Banister, attends The Middle College at Bennett.
- Samantha Joy Cabbell, daughter of Dr. Kyle Cabbell and Diane Cabbell, attends Weaver Academy.
- Chaz Imani Crosby, daughter of Dr. Kenneth Crosby and Tijuana Crosby, attends Ravenscroft School.
- Ahlaysha Denaé-Hannah Douglas, daughter of Reginald B. Douglas and Cathy Tate Douglas, attends The Early College Academy at Dudley High School.
- Lauryn Zhanay Fairley, daughter of Michael A. Fairley and Jennifer King-Fairley, attends Early/Middle College at Guilford Technical Community College in Jamestown.
- MacKenzie Lorén Fox, daughter of Ronald Fox Jr. and Nakia Scott, attends Jordan Matthews High School.
- Onysti’ Rikaya Gainey, daughter of Richard Lamont Gainey and LaTesha Shané Gainey, attends Dudley High School.
- Haven Virginia Grier, daughter of Clarence Gilbert Grier and Yvetta Shepherd Grier, attends Southeast Guilford High School.
- Tatyana C. Hall, daughter of Ron D. Hall and Tabatha T. Lawrence, attends Dudley High School.
- Jasmine Eunique Harrison, daughter of Roberto Javier Newball and Bravena Miche’l Armstrong, attends The Academy at Smith.
- Michelle Kiana Kane, daughter of Paul Nathaniel Kane II and LaSonia Speller Kane, attends Page High School.
- Deja Brijae Lennon, daughter of Darrell Lamont Lennon and Natasha Donshe Wooten, attends Greensboro College Middle College.
- Alexandra Nicole Mauney, daughter of Ronald Gibson and Felicia Ann Washington, attends East Chapel Hill High School.
- KaylaVera Rose McBride, daughter of Earl McBride II and Sophia McBride, attends Alamance Burlington Middle College.
- Clarke Leigh Gilliam Phillips, daughter of the Rev. Wendell F. Phillips and Dr. Ruth G. Phillips, attends Greensboro Day School.
- Nia Alexandra Reynolds, daughter of Edwin Randell Reynolds and Pamela Hairston Reynolds, attends Greensboro College Middle College.
- Layla Salim Shaw, daughter of Leon E. Shaw and Treva Penn-Shaw, attends Grimsley High School.
- Aryanna Nycole Wyman, daughter of Shana Summers, attends Rolesville High School.