GREENSBORO — Guilford County Schools has changed course on the assignment of a principal for Page High.
On May 25, the district announced Mendenhall Middle principal Marshall Matson would become the principal of Page.
Then, about a month later, during a school board meeting late on Thursday, leaders announced he would move to the central office as the director of blended learning for grades 6-12.
Eric Hines, who has been serving as interim principal of Page, will become the new principal.
Before that, Hines was most recently the district’s director of diversity, equity and inclusion. He served as principal at the Middle College at N.C. A&T from 2008 to 2013.
District leaders have also announced several other principal and district leadership appointments:
- Central Region Superintendent Tony Watlington will become the district’s chief of schools.
- Thyais Maxwell will be principal of the Middle College at Bennett, a high school for young women located on Bennett College’s campus. She’s replacing retiring principal Esther Coble. Maxwell’s served as principal at Hampton Elementary University Partnership Magnet since 2014.
- Kimberly Robertson will lead Brown Summit Middle School, which is a magnet school for academically gifted students. Robertson has been principal at Vandalia Elementary since 2012.
- Karen Ellis will be principal of Northern Middle. Ellis has been principal at Southern Middle since 2013.
- Latrice Stokes will be principal of Brightwood Elementary. She’s been assistant principal at Hairston Middle since 2012.
- David Miller, former principal of Andrews High, will be the district’s director of community engagement.
- Sandra Culmer, executive director of the district’s Western Region, will become a principal on special assignment.
Also, Naquita Brewington-McCormick, principal of Welborn Middle, has resigned as of June 16, according to Thursday’s personnel report. Communications Director Wanda Mobley said the district does not yet have a replacement for her for next year.
The Board of Education will hold a special session to discuss personnel matters on Thursday at noon in the Board Room at 712 N. Eugene St.